Training sessions & workshops
These structured sessions run on a weekly basis. Topics that will be covered in these sessions are:
- Mindfulness: Building a healthy mind body connection, breaking the cycle of negative emotions.
- Mindfulness movement: A therapy to relax you both physically and mentally.
- Wellbeing: Understanding the importance of looking after our emotional health as well as our physical health.
- Stress management: Identifying the sources of stress and how to manage it.
- Confidence building: Working on your self-esteem using techniques to improve your confidence and assertiveness skills.
These sessions will be running throughout July and October 2018 as well as January 2019.
We have now come to the end of the first year of our Big Lottery Project and what a successful year it has been. We have had the pleasure of working with so many people from our local community who have attended the workshops and activities at SUMMIT House. We have seen people grow in confidence and watched them take back control of their lives. It has been a humbling and rewarding experience for us all.
We are so proud that so many of our beneficiaries have chosen to be volunteers for SUMMIT Services, their motivation and desire to give something back is to be admired. They are our “Experts by Experience” and will prove to be a fundamental part of our ongoing success.
Reviews on Mindfulness and Relaxation –
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to attend a confidence and mindfulness course. The excellent care from all staff, their understanding, compassion and kindness have been an important help to my well being. The support you give is a very valued lifeline to myself and others in the community. Many Thanks.
Pleasure to be in the sessions. A great help for the future. I feel I can cope with life’s challenges better.
Very glad that I started this course. I have learnt some very useful skills. Skills for life.