SHELLS - HEALTH ADVOCATE
SUMMIT – HEALTH ADVOCATE: Providing support to those affected by homelessness (or at risk of being homeless) by attending GP / health appointments and helping to understand the health outcomes and pathways for appropriate treatment. SUMMIT also has a range of bespoke services for adults with learning disabilities, autism and adults who have entrenched
mental health disorders –
For more information please email: [email protected] or telephone: 01255 429 778
If you need support or know someone who does, the SOS bus will be outside the Park Pavilion in Harwich on Mondays and parked on Christmas Tree Island, Clacton town centre on Fridays.
Discharge Support Advocacy - For Adults Living in the Tendring Area
To make a referral or for more information on this service please contact us on 01255 429778 or email [email protected]
The role of the Discharge Support Advocate (DSA) is to:
- Provide a first point of community contact and agree methods of contact with you.
- Make sure you have all the resources you need to stay well (gas/electricity/food/medication/contact with key people who can provide crisis support.
- Support you to engage with the professionals involved in your discharge plan and any community treatment if appropriate.
- Provide an appointment buddy if required (GP/Hospital appointments).
- To make appropriate and timely referrals to services that can support your wellbeing and recovery (IAPT/DWP/Employment Support) and to follow up to ensure agreed actions happen.
- Correspondence support (supported phone calls/unpacking written communication.
- Ensure your rights and entitlements are upheld.
- Provide you with an independent voice and community representation.
Please email [email protected] for more information.
We offer a flexible service which can meet your needs cost effectively. If you’d like to speak to us about spot-purchasing advocacy then please contact SUMMIT on 01255 429778.
Our Mental Health Advocates are qualified IMHA’s and generic advocates and possess an excellent understanding of mental health conditions and other invisible disabilities such as; Autism and acquired brain injury. They enable people without the right support around them to have their voice heard when decisions are being made about their health and social care or when they face discrimination. We offer a flexible service which can meet your needs cost effectively. If you’d like to speak to us about spot-purchasing advocacy then please contact SUMMIT on 01255 429778.
Care Act Advocacy is a statutory service for adults who may require support to access health and social care. Our advocates are qualified Care Act Advocates and are skilled in providing support around issues relating to their care and support needs. We can support people at their Care Reviews, needs assessments and care and support planning. We offer a flexible service which can meet your needs cost effectively. If you’d like to speak to us about spot-purchasing advocacy then please contact SUMMIT on 01255 429778.